Parade Safety Rules and Guidelines
SPECIAL NOTE: PARADE BEGINS AT 3:00 PM ON FRIDAY, October 8, 2021
1. Parade line-up will begin at the old MHS on Daniel and Liddon Streets. Specific entry instructions and parade numbers will be given based on type of entry, for example, horses will be near the end of the parade and away from walkers or loud music.
2. Once your entry has started along the parade route, no one may board or exit your float or vehicle.
3. No one may ride on the hood of a vehicle. All persons, sitting or standing, must have something to hold on to in case of quick braking.
4. For public safety, candy nor any other items may be THROWN from a vehicle, but items may be passed out by walkers.
5. Entries may not exit the parade route before the end of the parade. Once the turn is made onto Madison St., continue past Madison St. Park before unloading riders so that the parade does not back up onto Hwy 90.
6. No entries will be allowed into the parade that have not returned a parade entry
form by the Tuesday, October 5, 2021.
7. Marianna High School, the Jackson County School District, nor any affiliates thereof, are responsible for personal or bodily injury during this event.